Hearty Potato Lasagna Recipe
Potatoes in place of lasagna noodles? Yes—and this is so hearty, it satisfies even my two teenage sons' appetites!—Gwen Johnson, Wilmar, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, seasonings, water and mushrooms; mix well. Pour half into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with potatoes. Pour remaining sauce over potatoes. Cover tightly with foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC