Hearty Potato Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, seasonings, water and mushrooms; mix well. Pour half into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with potatoes. Pour remaining sauce over potatoes. Cover tightly with foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 301 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Potato Lasagna
"We are more meat and potatoes eaters than pasta lovers, so we enjoyed this dish. Works better if potatoes are very thinly sliced, I also salted my potatoes a little before adding."
"Baked for an hour and a half and the potatoes did not all soften. Next time I'd boil them a little first."