Great flavor and subtle spice surround each bite of Mary Relyea’s home-style frittata. The Canastota, New York cook blends ground turkey and fresh vegetables with eggs for an eye-opening dish you won’t want to miss!
Recommended: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 small red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 8 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 12-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, green pepper, sage, pepper flakes and nutmeg over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook potatoes in butter until lightly browned and almost tender. Return turkey mixture to the pan. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over turkey mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for 8-12 minutes or until almost set.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Potato Frittata in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p53
Reviews for Hearty Potato Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2008
"This is a really great recipe! To cut back even more on fat and calories, i omitted the butter and used non-stick spray to brown the potatoes (just make sure they are thin) and substituted 3 TB water for the milk! My family loved it!"