If you love Mediterranean cuisine, you’ll love this entree! It turns any night into a special occasion when it’s on the menu. I like to serve it with fresh bread and a crisp white wine. —Tre Balchowsky, Sausalito, CA
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps (about 3/4 pound), halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 3/4 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, olives and Greek seasoning; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Drain linguine; add to pan and toss to coat. Serve with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Portobello Linguine in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p24
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hearty Portobello Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review