Hearty Pork Stew Recipe
This spicy slow-cooked stew from Rebecca Overy of Evanston, Wyoming combines tender chunks of pork with colorful tomatoes and green peppers. "I garnish bowls of it with chopped hard-cooked eggs and green onions," she adds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve in bowls with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 176 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC