Hearty Pork Stew with Green Chilies Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, water and chilies.
- 3. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- 4. Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 299 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Pork Stew with Green Chilies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.