Hearty Pork Stew with Green Chilies Recipe
Your family will love the zesty but milk flavor of this hefty stew. But you'll appreciate the change-of-pace flavor-and the extra change you'll pocket using less expensive pork cuts! Serve it over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, water and chilies.
- 3. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- 4. Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 299 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC