Hearty Pork Stew with Green Chilies Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, brown pork in oil. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, water and chilies.
- 3. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- 4. Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 299 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Hearty Pork Stew with Green Chilies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.