- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve in bowls with noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Pork Stew
Sort By :
Very good and easy to make.
This was ok. I think maybe I added too much celery seed to it though. I could not find celery flakes at my grocery store. I may make it again but use less celery seed and use stewed tomatoes without celery.
I loved this!
I started out to make beef stew, and accidently browned the pork instead. So, I pulled out this recipe. Boy am I glad I did! This is fantastic. Serve over the noodles, or rice is just as good.
More Recipe Collections
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Stew >