Hearty Pork N Beans Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 main-dish servings or 12 side-dish servings.
1/2 cup: 485 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1757mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 7g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Pork N Beans
"I have made this recipe as is for dinner, but have also adapted it to make a large amount on several occasions. I am asked to bring this to nearly every event we attend during the summer months and have shared the recipe with many others."