Hearty Pork N Beans Recipe
"This sweet chunky mixture tastes great as a main dish with French bread or corn bread," reports Janice Toms, Saline, Louisiana. "It's also a good side dish to serve at a barbecue or potluck."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in beef mixture. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 main-dish servings or 12 side-dish servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 485 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,757 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC