Hearty Pork Chops
Just six ingredients are required for the tasty mix that marinates these well-seasoned chops from our Test Kitchen. Whip up the combination to blend overnight and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time tomorrow.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients;
- add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4
- hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat
- stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop (prepared with diet soda and reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 227 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.