- 2/3 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes.
Freeze option: Freeze pork with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain pork, discarding marinade. Grill as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hearty Pork Chops
"Good flavor on the chops & chops were very tender."
"Nice twist on pork chops. The lemon-lime soda works nicely as a tenderizer, too."
"Delicious marinade and takes just minutes to mix together."
"This is a favorite of my Family. You can make the marinade in a gallon freezerbag,place the fresh pork chops in and freeze. Then thaw overnight and grill as usual"