Just six ingredients are required for the tasty mix that marinates these well-seasoned chops from our Test Kitchen. Whip up the combination to blend overnight and you’ll have dinner on the table in no time tomorrow.
- 2/3 cup diet lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes.
Freeze option: Freeze pork with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain pork, discarding marinade. Grill as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hearty Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review