- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup corn chips, coarsely crushed
- Crumble beef into an ungreased shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; add apple and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes, stirring once; drain. Stir in the pork and beans, bacon, barbecue sauce and molasses. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Let stand for 5 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with chips. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Pork 'n' Beans in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p139
Reviews for Hearty Pork 'n' Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review