- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact; discard seeds. Set aside. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1/3 cup cheese, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in turkey mixture. Spoon generously into pepper halves.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes for spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for mild. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Hearty Poppers
Sort By :
"I think I would use Fino Chorizo."
"Exceptional! Great tip on making them milder by roasting them longer! I've never seen that before! I like that these are baked too! Also, I substituted Vegetable Neufchatel which meets the lighter cream cheese component but also adds a little more flavor with the included vegetables. I never thought Jalapeno poppers would become a favorite, but thanks to this recipe, they are a new staple!"
"Really good and way less calories than most pepper poppers."