Hearty Pizza Casserole Recipe
“This cheesy, meaty meal is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time,” says Barbara Walker of Brookville, Kansas. “Downsizing it allows me to enjoy it more often.”
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 6 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, pepperoni, olives, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- 2. Drain macaroni; add to meat mixture. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake according to directions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 340 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 871 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Pizza Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC