Greek flavors combine in perfect harmony for a main dish you won’t be able to stop munching. Serve this with a tall glass of lemonade or iced tea and enjoy it alfresco some summer night. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 2 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Cut pita breads into strips; arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the oil, salt and pepper; brush over pita strips. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Arrange spinach on a serving platter; top with tomatoes, cheese, olives, onion and beef mixture. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salad. Serve immediately with toasted pita strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Pita Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Pita Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review