- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms, tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Drain pasta; stir into meat sauce.
- Divide half of the mixture between two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes; sprinkle each with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top each with pepperoni and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Reviews for Hearty Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Sort By :
"Great recipe. My colleagues thought this was wonderful."
"My sons favorite!!! Check my blog out for more recipes www.gertysgoods871.blogspot.com"
"M family loved this recipe! I added black olives and green pepper. This recipe could be made healthier by simply adjusting the ingredients (wheat pasta, ground turkey, low fat cheese etc.). The bad rating based on the saturated fat content is wrong. Plus Heidimotsch doesn't mention this is a recipe for 2 meals!"
"This is a good example of why so many Americans are overweight - 2 pounds of ground beef, 4 1/2 cups of cheese AND a whole package of pepperoni? I could have poured the grease of the top there was so much. It would be pretty good if lightened up, but as is, too unhealthy and full of saturated fat."