Friends and family love my new spin on pizza. Packed with cheeses, meats, and tomatoes, this hearty pasta dish will go fast! Nancy Foust Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms, tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Drain pasta; stir into meat sauce.
- Divide half of the mixture between two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes; sprinkle each with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top each with pepperoni and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Originally published as Pizza Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p42
Reviews for Hearty Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review