- 1-3/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Penne Beef
Sort By :
Very tasty and easy to make! I added bell peppers and used cajun seasoning instead of italian to give it a little kick.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make when I don't feel like doing much work. When I make it, I add more garlic, onions, about 1/4 cup of sugar, fresh basil, and fresh tomatoes. Instead of using the beef stock, I use a little beef base with about half a cup of water. I also turn it to low and let it simmer for about 25 minutes. As for the cheese, I recommend putting it on top and popping it under the broiler for a bit to add a bit of crunch.
So simple to make and yet super delicious! Comfort food in 20 minutes yummmmm
My husband loved this! Instead of tomato puree I used a can of peeled crushed tomatoes.
I really liked it I threw in a few scoops of fresh pico degio turned out delish will have again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >