Hearty Penne Beef Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Penne Beef(77)
Sort By :
This recipe was so easy. I usually cook gourmet food for my husband, but had my 3 year old granddaughter coming to dinner and she loves pasta. Everyone loved this! !! I was shocked and so happy.
It is easy to make and delicious.
I'm rating the result when I made this recipe. Many thanks to the other users who provided comments/suggestions. I added onion, extra garlic,a shake of dried chilli flakes, and a sprinkle of Vegeta, and cut down the amount of beef stock. Turns out I've run out of Worcestershire Sauce, which is sad, but it was still great. So very very tasty.
This was good, quick and easy that even my eleven year old could make it. The spinach was a great addition. It was slightly bland for the adults but my picky eater kids loved it. I did you tomato paste with water added to create a puree as I did not have any. Other than that followed the recipe.
Family liked this. Used tomato paste instead of purée and added garlic and more pasta. Husband said toad more spinach next time.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >