Hearty Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup cubed pastrami, cooked turkey or roast beef
- 1/4 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, pastrami, carrot, celery and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add to the pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 535 calories, 36g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Hearty Pasta Salad
"My family liked this. I did up the lemon juice to 1 full teaspoon as I think it gives the mayo a tang."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.