- 2 pounds ground beef
- 6 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 jars (26 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 8 celery ribs, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups canned white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large stockpot, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add broth, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, onions, celery, carrots, beans, oregano, pepper and pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Add pasta and parsley; simmer, covered, 10-14 minutes or until pasta is tender. Yield: 24 servings (7-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Pasta Fajioli in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p27
Reviews for Hearty Pasta Fajioli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review