- drippings; drain. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a greased 11-in.
- x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute onions until tender;
- drain. Place over meatballs.
- In a saucepan. combine flour and 2 tablespoons or reserved drippings
- until smooth. Gradually stir in beer or broth and remaining
- bouillon. Add the brown sugar, vinegar, thyme and remaining salt.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in browning sauce if desired. Pour over meatballs. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.