Hearty Pancake Mix Recipe
Wheat flour, crushed cornflakes and old-fashioned oats create the multigrain mixture for this filling flapjacks from Mavis Diment of Marcus, Iowa. Served with butter and syrup, the golden cakes will keep your family going.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of pancakes):
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (7-1/2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pancakes: In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups mix, milk, egg and oil; whisk just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC