Hearty Pancake Mix Recipe
Wheat flour, crushed cornflakes and old-fashioned oats create the multigrain mixture for this filling flapjacks from Mavis Diment of Marcus, Iowa. Served with butter and syrup, the golden cakes will keep your family going.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 5 min. YIELD:25 servings
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of pancakes):
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (7-1/2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pancakes: In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups mix, milk, egg and oil; whisk just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC