Wheat flour, crushed cornflakes and old-fashioned oats create the multigrain mixture for this filling flapjacks from Mavis Diment of Marcus, Iowa. Served with butter and syrup, the golden cakes will keep your family going.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of pancakes):
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 5 batches (7-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare pancakes: In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups mix, milk, egg and oil; whisk just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Originally published as Hearty Pancake Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p33
Reviews for Hearty Pancake Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review