"My husband and I are trying to eat more oatmeal for its health benefits, but we get tired of having a bowlful every day." Kathy Thompson of Glendale, Kentucky explains. "These moist and fluffy pancakes give us the good grains that we need...and still taste like a treat. We love them with turkey bacon on Sunday morning."
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted berries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a hot griddle that has been coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with berries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Oatmeal Pancakes in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p33
Reviews for Hearty Oatmeal Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review