Hearty Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted berries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a hot griddle that has been coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with berries if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Oatmeal Pancakes
Sort By :
Most store-bought pancake mix is so high in sodium we turn to this recipe for a healthier alternative. I keep the dry ingredients, omitting the salt, in an airtight container to have" at the ready" for ease of preparation. Buttermilk gives the pancakes that light & fluffy texture.
I sometimes add a hint of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar to make them special.
Even my husband who doesn't care for pancakes liked this recipe!!
This turned out fantabulous! I added a little water to thin it out some only to have it serve more than 4 servings. It did and they still came out fluffy...SCORE!
This is our new family favorite--my kids love the light fluffy texture and I love the fiber and health benefits of the oats and wheat flour. I make it several hours ahead of time (if we are having it for supper) or the night before to soften the oats and speed up getting the meal on the table. These are a MUST try!
I love these and so do my kids. I add flaxseed meal and wheat germ to increase the fiber even more. They make a great snack too!