Hearty Mushroom Canapes Recipe
This appealing appetizer from Sue Huebner of Wausau, Wisconsin shapes up nicely for Valentine's Day—or any special holiday. "I cut the bread for my canapes into hearts, flowers and other seasonal symbols," she describes. "They're a big hit at parties. In fact, every time I serve them, I get requests for the recipe."—Sue Huebner, Wausau, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices caraway rye bread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients; mix well. Lightly toast bread; while still warm, use a 3-in. heart-shaped cutter to cut a heart out of each slice. Spread mushroom mixture over bread and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC