Hearty Multigrain Pancakes Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
2 each: 243 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Hearty Multigrain Pancakes
"I love giving my family healthy alternatives when I can. I doubled the recipe (next time I'll need to triple it) and even my picky 6year old daughter devoured these tastey pancakes!"