Oats and whole wheat flour make these tasty pancakes extra hearty. Jeri Tirmenstein of Apache Junction, Arizona suggests trying them with applesauce spooned on top.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Originally published as Multigrain Pancakes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p57
Reviews for Hearty Multigrain Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2011
"I love giving my family healthy alternatives when I can. I doubled the recipe (next time I'll need to triple it) and even my picky 6year old daughter devoured these tastey pancakes!"