Hearty Multigrain Pancakes Recipe
Oats and whole wheat flour make these tasty pancakes extra hearty. Jeri Tirmenstein of Apache Junction, Arizona suggests trying them with applesauce spooned on top.
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Originally published as Multigrain Pancakes in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p57
Reviews for Hearty Multigrain Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2011
I love giving my family healthy alternatives when I can. I doubled the recipe (next time I'll need to triple it) and even my picky 6year old daughter devoured these tastey pancakes!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >