Hearty Morning Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 medium ripe ripe banana, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the carrots, apricots, sunflower kernels, coconut and chocolate chips. Stir in the banana. Beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into carrot mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Hearty Morning Muffins
Sort By :
I agree that there certainly needs less oil, but the flavor is fantastic and they are super moist
Make this over. Take out 1 egg, 1/3 the sugar, half the oil and all the sunflower nuts and coconut for healthier choices and use bittersweet chips & fresh grind the wheat flour oe add wheat germ.