Hearty Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
I found this recipe for hearty muffins in a cookbook I received as a Christmas gift years ago. Now my family often requests that I make these, especially after we go apple-picking in the fall.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups grated peeled apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix oil, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples, raisins, coconut, carrots and nuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC