I found this recipe for hearty muffins in a cookbook I received as a Christmas gift years ago. Now my family often requests that I make these, especially after we go apple-picking in the fall.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups grated peeled apples
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix oil, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples, raisins, coconut, carrots and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Morning Glory Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p76
Reviews for Hearty Morning Glory Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review