- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato juice, tomato sauce, broth,
- carrots, zucchini, Italian seasoning, salt, sugar if desired and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35
- minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Transfer 6 cups of soup to a freezer container; cool. Freeze for up
- to 3 months. Add water and pasta to remaining soup; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook until pasta is tender.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator; transfer to a large
- saucepan. Stir in water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Add pasta;
- cover and cook until tender. Yield: 2 batches (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 242 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 853 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein.