Hearty Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel to drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute celery and onion in drippings for 5 minutes. Add sausage and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Minestrone Soup(6)
Sort By :
Flavor was great for this soup, even when leaving the sausage out. It was a very hearty soup but I added water to it because there wasn't much liquid in it.
5 stars!! make this a lot..
This is by far my favorite soup. I serve it with pop up rolls and no leftovers are ever to be had.
I would add less salt next time.
I didn't have any green peppers, either, so I didn't use them. I added some lentils like the minestrone at the restaurant, so I needed more liquid and added 2 cans of condensed beef broth. This is very delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Minestrone Soup >
- Soup Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >