- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Hot Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink and lightly brown.
- Add red bell pepper, onion and celery; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Minestrone in Johnsonville® Sausage 2014
Reviews for Hearty Minestrone(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review