- Preheat oven to 425°. Place garlic on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake
- 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Mash potatoes with broth, salt and pepper; squeeze softened garlic
- into potatoes and mix well.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in
- oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms, meat
- crumbles, carrots and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup
- broth, rosemary, soy sauce, salt and pepper; cover and cook 10
- Combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in peas.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Transfer vegetable mixture to an 8-in.
- square baking dish coated with cooking spray; cover with potato
- mixture. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 223 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.