Hearty Meatball Sub Sandwiches Recipe
Making these saucy meatballs in advance and reheating them saves me precious time when expecting company. These sandwiches are great casual fare for any get-together. —Deena Hubler, Jasper, Indiana
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Additional Parmesan cheese, and sliced onion and green peppers, optional
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a single layer in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn meatballs; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce.
- 3. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Top with additional cheese, onion and green peppers if desired. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 464 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,013 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC