Making these saucy meatballs in advance and reheating them saves me precious time when expecting company. These sandwiches are great casual fare for any get-together. —Deena Hubler, Jasper, Indiana
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Additional Parmesan cheese, and sliced onion and green peppers, optional
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a single layer in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn meatballs; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. If desired, top with additional cheese and sliced onion and green peppers. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Sub Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p190
Reviews for Hearty Meatball Sub Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review