- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Additional Parmesan cheese, and sliced onion and green peppers, optional
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a single layer in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn meatballs; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. If desired, top with additional cheese and sliced onion and green peppers. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Meatball Sub Sandwiches
"This is fast and easy...It is made in the microwave and does not heat up the house in the summer!"
"I browned the meatballs in the oven and then allowed them to cook in the spaghetti sauce in a slow cooker for the whole day. My family LOVED and still requests this recipe :)"