Hearty Meatball Sub Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Additional Parmesan cheese, and sliced onion and green peppers, optional
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a single layer in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Turn meatballs; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until no longer pink. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through. Top with additional cheese, onion and green peppers if desired. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Meatball Sub Sandwiches(4)
Sort By :
Meatballs are meatballs. But I would NEVER, EVER use a jarred sauce. My Italian paisanos would shame me for the rest of my life if I did that.
yes iwould make it again.but i am looking for. a meatball sub.that you hade back in the 90.it was stuff with cheese.if any one has this plese email at email@example.com you
This is fast and easy...It is made in the microwave and does not heat up the house in the summer!
I browned the meatballs in the oven and then allowed them to cook in the spaghetti sauce in a slow cooker for the whole day. My family LOVED and still requests this recipe :)
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >