This hearty stew is sure to warm you up on a cool night. Meatballs are even more delicious when served in a hot, flavorful broth.
- 1 portion Handy Beef Mix (recipe also in Recipe Finder), thawed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups beef gravy
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Shape beef mix into 12 meatballs. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add the meatballs, a few at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil on all sides or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Meatball Stew in Ground Beef Recipes 2012 2012, p139
Reviews for Hearty Meatball Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review