- 2 eggs
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a stockpot, bring broth to a boil. Carefully add the meatballs. Add the tomato juice, tomatoes, vegetables, rice and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the parsley and soy sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 22 servings (5-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Meatball Soup
Sort By :
I forgot to rate this recipe.
I would make this again, but I would add cilantro to the meatball mix. I think it would give it more flavor. My family seem to have liked it,so yes I would make it again.
This is a wonderful crowd pleasing dinner! I double it and freeze it in Ziplock bags for a quick meal.