Hearty Maple Beans Recipe
"I modified this recipe to suit my family's taste," notes Marge Glassic from Easton, Pennsylvania. "It's a great side dish for a backyard barbecue with hamburgers and hot dogs. It can be made in advance and kept warm in a slow cooked for hours without losing any flavor."
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In drippings, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is lightly browned. Stir in bacon and remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Maple Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC