Hearty Maple Beans
"I modified this recipe to suit my family's taste," notes Marge Glassic from Easton, Pennsylvania. "It's a great side dish for a backyard barbecue with hamburgers and hot dogs. It can be made in advance and kept warm in a slow cooked for hours without losing any flavor."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon
- drippings. In the drippings, cook sausage and onion over medium-high
- heat until sausage is lightly browned. Stir in bacon and remaining
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 375 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,021 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 14 g protein.