Hearty Maple Beans Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In drippings, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is lightly browned. Stir in bacon and remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 294 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Maple Beans
"Great flavors! We use crumbled pork sausage instead of the keilbasa. Also, we have simply prepared and served stovetop on a few occassions. A easy recipe to follow and made the perfect amount for 5 adults. Everyone like the addition of bacon!"
"These beans had such a great flavor! I fixed them for a large church group, and everyone raved about them. My husband loved them as well, and when he took the leftovers for lunch the next day, he said they tasted even better the next day. Definitely putting them in my favorite recipes."