- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Place all ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 7-9 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6 servings (about 2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Manhattan Clam Chowder
"Absolutely loved this!! Will definitely add it to my regular rotation! I made this on the stovetop in a couple hours while I was home on a Sunday - you don't need the slow cooker unless you want to, but you do need time for it to thicken. This freezes beautifully in individual portions for quick weekday meals!I used two time-saving steps: I didn't peel my potatoes, since the skin contains most of the nutrients, and I used jarred real bacon pieces because I always make such a mess frying bacon."