With just moments of prep time, this hearty soup truly couldn't be easier to make. Simply open up the ingredients, pour 'em in and dinner's practically done! —Metzel Turley, South Charleston, West Virginia
Featured In: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) vegetable soup mix
- 1 envelope (.6 ounce) cream of chicken soup mix
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) spicy tomato juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) mixed vegetables, drained
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash dried minced garlic
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a Dutch oven, combine soup mixes and tomato juice. Stir in the water, mixed vegetables, pepper flakes and garlic; bring to a boil. Add macaroni. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni Vegetable Soup in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p53
Reviews for Hearty Macaroni Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2013
"I used frozen vegetables instead of canned (prefer the flavor) so it took a little longer to cook, but I'd say win-win!"