Hearty Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 1 package (7 ounces) pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken, ham, shrimp, macaroni, celery, peppers, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 262 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 1,007 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.