- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 1 package (7 ounces) pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, ham, shrimp, macaroni, celery, peppers, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"This salad was delicious! I made a batch one night and have been packing it for lunches all week. It's kept well without getting soggy or the flavors blending together. I left the shrimp out since I'm on a college budget, but I'm sure adding it in would just make the salad that much better. Will definitely make this again, and may use it for tailgating recipes"
"This salad is easy to make and is good all year round. Made it for a pot luck at work and my co-workers loved it and asked for the recipe. The only thing I did to this recipe is I added a cucumber. It still was good."