With chicken, ham and tiny shrimp, this recipe makes a hearty warm-weather salad. The dill adds a nice twist. It's great to serve for a luncheon. -Mary Selner, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked salad shrimp
- 1 package (7 ounces) pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, ham, shrimp, macaroni, celery, peppers, onion, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; mix well. Pour over salad and toss. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Macaroni Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review