Hearty Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
"I do most of the cooking for our family of eight," writes teenager Tiffanie Froese of Athena, Oregon. "Here is a hearty main dish that's a family favorite. It's a breeze to fix with boxed macaroni and cheese mix, and it tastes delicious."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- 2. Drain beef mixture; stir into macaroni and cheese. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bacon. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Mac 'n' Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC