Hearty Mac 'n' Cheese
"I do most of the cooking for our family of eight," writes teenager Tiffanie Froese of Athena, Oregon. "Here is a hearty main dish that's a family favorite. It's a breeze to fix with boxed macaroni and cheese mix, and it tastes delicious."
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the
- meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese
- according to package directions.
- Drain beef mixture; stir into macaroni and cheese. Transfer to a
- greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- cheese and bacon. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now