"I do most of the cooking for our family of eight," writes teenager Tiffanie Froese of Athena, Oregon. "Here is a hearty main dish that's a family favorite. It's a breeze to fix with boxed macaroni and cheese mix, and it tastes delicious."
Featured In: 25 of Our Cheesiest Recipes Ever
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Drain beef mixture; stir into macaroni and cheese. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bacon. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Mac 'n' Cheese in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p40
Reviews for Hearty Mac 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2010
"This is easy and delicious. My husband loves it"