- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound turkey Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until tender. Add sausage; cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Lima Bean Bake in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p15
Reviews for Hearty Lima Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review