- Drain; rinse in cold water. Remove and discard carrots and celery.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer one-third of the
- noodles, one-third of the meat sauce, one-third of the ricotta,
- one-third of the mozzarella and one-third of the Parmesan. Repeat
- layers once. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce.
- Cut a heart out of aluminum foil and center on top of sauce. Dollop
- and spread remaining ricotta around heart. Sprinkle with remaining
- mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45
- minutes. Remove and discard foil heart. Let stand 10-15 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 391 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.