Hearty Krautwiches Recipe
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 1/3 cup Russian salad dressing
- 1 medium red onion
- 6 onion buns, split
- 8 ounces thinly sliced salami
- 6 slice Muenster cheese
- 6 ounces sliced liverwurst
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Additional Russian salad dressing, optional
- In a small bowl, chop 1 egg; stir in sauerkraut and salad dressing. Chop half of the onion; add to sauerkraut mixture. Slice remaining eggs and onion; set aside.
- On bun bottoms, layer the salami, cheese, liverwurst, lettuce, onion and about 1/3 cup sauerkraut mixture. Slice remaining eggs. Top each with the sliced eggs and additional salad dressing if desired. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Krautwiches in Country Woman September/October 1997, p41
Reviews for Hearty Krautwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review