- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute the sausage, chicken, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter until chicken is browned. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice if desired; or cool, cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Jambalaya(12)
Sort By :
I've tried a few jambalaya recipes, none of which really appealed to me. This one, however, is excellent! I used leftover roasted chicken & left out the shrimp, as I didn't have any on hand. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. We gobbled it up! We love Cajun-style food, so I'm very pleased that I now have a jambalaya recipe to add to our dinner rotation.
This is the best jambalaya I have ever tasted. Will definitely make again.
Totally loved this Jambalya. Easy to make and delicious.
This was the best jambalaya I have found so far. I have made several recently, all different recipes, and this is the best. Next time, the only thing I would do differently is use tomatoes with chiles instead of plain diced tomatoes..
LOVE IT!!! Reminds me of Po' Folks gumbo!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Jambalaya >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >